- Index page with recent astrophotos
- Leeuwenboschfontein weekend starparty 2016 Mar 4-6
- Events observed by me from 2003 latest: Mercury transit 2016 May 9
- Page with sky pictures with the EOS 6
- > Lunar and planetary images and phenomenas
- Page with sky pictures with the EOS 40 from Bali jan 2009, feb 2010 and 2012
- Page with sky pictures from La Palma Jan / Feb 2011
- Total lunar eclipse of 2011 Jun 15
- Solar eclipse visible as deep partial in Indonesia on 2009 Jan 26
- Old 1973 Polarex 80mm spotting scope refurbishment.
- New 2015 Robtics ED110 refractor
- Using a telephoto lens as a small handheld telescope
- Nice sky pictures taken from a plane in full flight
- How to see stars in the daytime ?
- Old astrophotos from 1980-1990s
- How I learned Astronomy
- Astronomik CLS filter test
- Simple Eclipse calculations
Currently I use a small Canon Powershot S100 to make 1280x720 movies to stack with the freeware Autostakkert. I did a few tests of Venus, Saturn and Jupiter. This is still the beginning as I used the camera handheld behind the eyepiece. This should be improved.
The pictures of the Moon and Venus on 2014 Feb 26 are taken from Montagu, Western Cape, South Africa under excellent conditions. There was an occultation in Central and East Africa but the path just missed South Africa. These images are taken directly with the Canon EOS 6 and no stacking has taken place.